Archive for October, 2009
Kings Wine Bar is a new restaurant in Minneapolis focusing on great food and drink. Lift Bridge has partnered with Chef Maccaroni to put together superb dining experience. Please note that this dinner has Vegetarian options.
- First Course: Fall Acorn Squash From Dragsmith Farms Soup served with Parmesan Crisps – Farm Girl Saison®
- Second Course: Pleasant Ridge Reserve Cheese served with Green House Micro Greens and House made Mustard – Crosscut Pale Ale™
- Third Course: Harvestör™ Cucumber Salad Pallet Cleanser – Harvestör™ Fresh Hop Ale
- Fourth Course: Smoked Fischer Farms Pork Chop served with Hazelnut demi glaze, wilted Swiss chard and creamy orzo* – Chestnut Hill™
- Dessert: Sautéed local apples and Pears with brown sugar and butter – Farm Girl Saison® infused with Raspberry Indulgence from Saint Croix Vineyards.
* Vegetarian Option for the Fourth Course: Smoked Sietan With mushroom Ragout served with wilted beet greens and creamy orzo.
The Lake Elmo Inn was founded in 1881, it was originally set up as a stage coach stop. In 1983 Chef John Schiltz purchased the Lake Elmo Inn. Since then, he has been winning awards for the fantastic dinning experience. Chef John Schiltz has created a menu to be paired with Lift Bridge Beers. This 5 course meal will feature our flag ship beers and 3 hard to find seasonal specialties. Seats will be limited to 40 and will cost $35 per person.
- First Course: Wisconsin Cheese Soup – Farm Girl Saison®
- Second Course: Spinach Salad with Caramelized Walnuts, Roasted Pears and Champagne Vinaigrette – Crosscut Pale Ale™
- Third Course: Assorted German Sausages Platter with Apple Slaw and Stone Ground Mustard – Harvestör™ Fresh Hop Ale
- Fourth Course: Venison Schnitzel with Potato Pancakes and Braised Swiss Chard – Chestnut Hill™
- Dessert: Raspberry Pretzel Parfait – Minnesota Tan™
When: Wednesday, October 21st, 2009. Dinner at 6PM.
Where: The Lake Elmo Inn
Tickets: $35.00 per person. Please call (651) 777-8496 for reservations.
If you know Stillwater, then you know that the Brine’s family market has been hand carving meat, baking bread, and crafting some of the best sausage in the region for over 50 years. In another culinary collaboration, Brines will be featuring brats made with Lift Bridge Beer Co. Crosscut Pale Ale™. These brats are filled with wonderful course ground pork, beer, and traditional brat spices. What is better than Brine’s Brats and Lift Bridge Beer to enhance your fall weekend? Look for them immediately and exclusively at the Brine’s Market at 1790 Washington Ave. South, Stillwater, MN 55082.
Join us under the tent at The Happy Gnome for the release of Harvestör™ for 2009. It is our fresh hop IPA made with local fresh hops. Constant addition of fresh Cascade and Willamette hops during boil and fermentation process. Aromatic and caramel malts compliment the hop character for an incredibly balanced beer that celebrates the hop harvest without killing your tongue.
Don’t worry about missing the game, there will be big screens with the game on. What about the brats? No worries, there will be a grill going staffed by the Happy Gnome with an assortment of good things to eat.
When: Sunday, October 25th, 2009. Noon – 3:00 PM
Where: The Happy Gnome, 498 Selby Ave, St. Paul, MN
Cost: Event entry is free. Tickets for pints are $3 or 4 tickets for $10 and get a Lift Bridge pint glass. Food will be available for purchase.
We are pleased to announce that starting today, October 9th, 2009 Arneson Distributing of Sleepy Eye, MN will begin delivering cases and kegs of Farm Girl Saison® in their distribution area. This includes the following communities:
- Granite Falls
- Redwood Falls
- New Ulm
- Albert Lea
We have had many requests from the area and we are glad we are able to satisfy those requests. Here is a list of places who will be taking deliveries next week:
- Clay’s, Springfield
- Liquor Lodge, Redwood Falls
- Sleepy Eye Municipal Liquor Store, Sleepy Eye
- Liquor Mart, New Ulm
- Cash Wise Liquor, New Ulm
- Hy Vee Wine & Spirits, New Ulm
- Fairmont Municipal Liquor Store, Fairmont
- Phat Pheasant Bar, Windom
- River Bend Liquor, Windom
- Jackson Municipal Liquor Store, Jackson
- MGM, Mankato
- MGM, North Mankato
- MGM, St. Peter
- Cub Liquor , Mankato
- Snyder’s Liquor, Mankato
- B&L Bar, New Ulm
If you are in the area and would like to see our beers in your favorite bars, restaurants or beer stores, please ask the clerk, bar-tender, or owners to contact Arneson Distributing. Thanks for your support.
Stillwater will host its third annual HarvestFest on Saturday, October 10th from 10 am to 5 pm. The highlight of the festival includes a Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off, in which farmers from surrounding states bring in their biggest gourds to vie for the honor of heaviest pumpkin. Last year’s winner weighed over 1,400 pounds!
There are a variety of events for everyone including:
- Beer Tasting - All proceeds go to benefit the Valley Outreach Food Shelf.
- Chili Cook-Off
- Pumpkin Bake-Off
- Haunted Cave Tours
- Live Music
- Pedal Tractor Pull
When: Saturday, October 10th, 2009. 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Where: Lowell Park, Historic Downtown Stillwater, MN
Cost: Many events are free. $20 in advance for Beer Tasting, Chili Tasting and souvenir glass bundle. $25 the day of. Call The Chef’s Gallery - 651-351-1144 for advance tickets.
Grumpy’s in downtown Minnapolis will be tapping a firkin of Chai Girl today at noon for Firkin Friday. The Chai Girl is a new and interesting take on our flagship Farm Girl Saison®. We have infused this brew with locally sourced exclusive Chai tea blend while ageing in the cask. Notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, and tea blend with the subtle Belgian flavors in a mellow dance. Perfect for a rainy day. Stop by and check it out.
When: Friday, October 2nd, 2009. Noon – Until the firkin is empty
Where: Grumpy’s Downtown, 1111 Washington Ave S, Minneapolis MN