To celebrate the release of one of the most culinary brews in our lineup, we are hosting a bake-off at the brewery and taproom on Saturday, December 15. We will have regular taproom hours throughout the day with tours at 1 and 3 and then stay open until 9pm. 750ml bottles of Biscotti™ will be available for purchase during the day and evening. This will be your first chance to taste and purchase it before it hits the bars or store shelves!
About the Beer
Biscotti™ was created to emulate the traditional Italian cookie baked during the holiday season and celebrates the warmth and comfort of a hot oven radiating sweet aromas of tasty treats. By utilizing an array of malts, oats, wheat, pure local honey, light European hops and delicately spicing with Grains of Paradise, Madagascar vanilla beans, whole star anise, all brought together with traditional Belgian yeast, the result is a cloudy, deep copper colored, complex experience. This delight to the senses should be served in a 9 ounce footed glass and allowed to warm to 50 degrees to fully gather the malt and spice spectrum.
We encourage you to get baking, iron your apron, and arrive with your signature cookie or sweet bread delight by 6pm. Local baking gurus will be on hand to judge your efforts and award prizes (judges and prizes to be announced next week!). Special attention given to contestants that work in a beer theme, and the winning recipe will be posted on our website for all to try to replicate. Bring enough to share as there will be a "crowd favorite" category as well.
If you would like to participate in the bake-off, please send a quick email to email@example.com with the following info: Name, email address, name of baked delight BY 12/12/2012. Remember that a Lift Bridge beer theme will give you more points. This can include actual beer in the recipe or shape / decoration of your baked delight. Remember to bring your dish to the brewery BY 6:00PM on the day of the event!
Ugly Sweater Contest
For you non-bakers, there is still a chance to win something: We’ll have a Holiday sweater contest; the most creatively nostalgic (i.e. ugly) sweater will be voted on for prizes!
If you want to enter the ugly sweater contest, just show up in your sweater! We’ll be judging by 7:00pm, so you must be there by then.
Normal taproom prices for pints, flights, growlers, and 750ml bottles of Biscotti or Commander. Timeline: If you wish to enter the bake-off, you must bring your cookies by 6pm for registration. Awards Ceremony and grand Biscotti bottle opening at 7:30pm. We will close at 9pm.
Tickets for the 21+ event are on sale now at the brewery during normal taproom hours and are available online now.
Below is a list of questions we commonly get. We will update the list as they come in.
- What ages can attend? This is a 21+ only event. Sorry, there will be NO EXCEPTIONS. Oh, and we will card everyone, so bring a valid ID.
- Do you accept credit/debit cards? Yes, most credit cards are accepted.
- What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up the tickets, will you take orders by phone or online? No problem, you can pick them up online.
- I don’t like paying online ticket fees, how can I avoid that? We don’t either, so you can stop in during taproom hours and pick up a ticket.
- I can’t make it to the event that day, can my good buddy (sibling, friend, parents, etc.) pick up my beer for me? Sorry, no. The tickets for the beer are not transferrable. See below.
- What if I can’t make it to the brewery to pick up my beer the day of the event? We will hold your beer until the end of the month and you can pick it up during normal taproom hours.
- What if I just want to pick up my beer? That is fine, you do not need to buy a ticket to the event.
- Do I have to pre-buy tickets to pick up bottles? No, however those with tickets will get their bottles first. If there are any left, you will be able to purchase bottles.
- Can I buy the beer in fine beer stores? Yes, if you are quick. This limited beer will be available from fine beer stores.
- Will the beer be on tap at my favorite bar?I Yes, we will have a limited amount available at fine beer bars.